TECHNET Archives

November 2007

From:
Liang Yin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2007 16:58:41 +0000
Lon,

What your PCB producer told you does not make sense.

Although the tin-lead alloy might have different wetting performance on flash gold pads, it should not have non-wetting in any event. If the flash gold is still there after soldering process, you have solderability problem with the boards. X-ray inspection is not a solderability test.

Liang Yin
Process Research Engineer

Unovis Solutions