TECHNET Archives

November 2007

From:
Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 07:00:54 -0500
I might have to disagree with you on that, Dewey (am I allowed to do
that?)

The auditor not only is looking to see if you do what your procedures
say you are supposed to be doing, but whether what you do meets the
requirements of the particular standard against which they are auditing.

In this case of ESD wrist strap testers, you have to ask "what is the
purpose of the tester?" You are checking to see if the wrist strap will
provide the required protection for the product by minimizing static
charges (it has low enough resistance to dissipate static charges), and
provides enough protection for the user (it has high enough resistance
to prevent excessive current through the user in the event they touch a
live circuit).

How do you know that you tester is adequately testing wrist straps?

Calibration.

Blair

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 07:43:05 -0700, Whittaker, Dewey (EHCOE)
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<snip>

>Document what you do and do what you document. It is not in the
Auditors