TECHNET Archives

November 2007

From:
Geoff Layhe of Lamar Group <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Geoff Layhe of Lamar Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:53:36 -0000
Yep the pinky bits are the core, it pretty clear which is core and which is pre-preg. Both use a single ply of glass looks like 7628 in the pre-preg and 1080 in the core.
CAF usually occurs along the strands which have been in contact with a chemical solution, the white streaks look more like reflections.
Is the failure always between the core/always the same cores?
What laminate is it?