TECHNET Archives

October 2007

From:
Dale Ritzen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dale Ritzen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:46:41 -0500
Guy,
I respectfully agree with your disagreement (can you do that?)... My point
was that our default parameters have changed with the new Pb-free solders.
Sometimes we have to adjust by looking at what we commonly call "best
practices" and re-visit the reason behind them, given the new set of
variables we have now. This may call for some thinking "out of the box", up
to and including what we have deemed "verboten" in the past. Pre-heating the
boards in question is an answer to this problem - possibly not the only
answer to it anymore, given the new world we find ourselves in.

Thanks for respectfully disagreeing. That's what this forum is all about...

Dale Ritzen
Quality Manager
Austin Manufacturing Services