TECHNET Archives

October 2007

From:
Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:19:45 -0500
Bill,
	I used to specify in my manufacturing notes 'vias must be plugged
using LPI solder resist' I was told more then one once and from different
suppliers that they could not guarantee the vias would be 100% 'plugged'
using LPI. They would however guarantee that there would be LPI in the via
hole or that the LPI would tent over the via, leaving a void in the center.
If I required 100% via fill I would have to require that they fill the holes
with some type of conductive filler.

Thank you,

Ted T