TECHNET Archives

October 2007

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:22:16 -0500
I don't believe that you read that for cleaning of the assembly itself.
The use of staticidal cleaners/coatings is described in MIL-D-1686 and
EOS/ESD STD 20.20 for cleaning/coating of SURFACES such as benches, etc.
where ESD-sensitive devices may come in contact (or within 6", which can
induce static charge). Sometimes it is used for cleaning or application
to certain surfaces to make them ESD safe, such as computer monitor
screens, plexiglass cabinet windows, etc.
If you can find the document that says to use only conductive cleaning
solvents to wash circuit board assemblies, I would like to see that.