TECHNET Archives

October 2007

From:
Ahne Oosterhof <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:59:47 -0700
My experience: without some form of QPL (either an external one or
preferably one you make yourself) you are the mercy of the component buyers.
I remember when the buyers decided they could save money by buying a
different brand of resistor (spiral band around the body) in stead of the
composite body resistor we were using (old Allen Bradleys). Sure enough, the
inductance in the new resistors caused some circuits to fail.
Some generic components are not generic enough!

It's always the little things that bite you in the rear.
Ahne.