TECHNET Archives

October 2007

From:
Phil Zarrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:27:05 EDT
Hi Scott,

Since post-print inspection is one of my "soap boxes" I am very glad that
this is a key consideration in your printer selection.

Both DEK and MPM/Speedline build excellent printers.  While I'm not  sure of
your other requirements (throughput, accuracy, under-stencil cleaning,  etc).
with regard to 2-D post-print inspection, I have had, personally, the most
and the best experience with the DEK Horizon series, and specifically the
Hawkeye inspection system.  It is very fast and easy to set up.  The  new(est)
version has SPC outputs in about any form you might want.  It also  determines %
paste on pad.

I have also observed, among our clients, high satisfaction with the Hawkeye
system.  I might add (to the points Eric mentioned) that it has a  relatively
easy learning curve which is important and sometimes determine  whether your
people actually use it.

Also, be sure to use that SPC data !

Phil Zarrow
ITM Consulting