TECHNET Archives

October 2007

From:
John Queen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 23:48:35 +0000

From:         "Gervascio, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>

Date:         Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:14:47

To:[log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: [TN] SMT machine recommendation

At $30K, you're going to probably have to go with a used machine. We're

running a 1999 vintage MyData TP9 and it has performed well and is

pretty easy to program.I've worked with other used machines and this one

has made me a believer.

 I would suggest a used  MyData TP12 if you can find one with a Hydra

head and Tex Tray for JEDEC tray parts. You can always pick off the Y

wagon if you need more feeder space- or if you get pieces of tape with

no leader.Even if you can't load all the parts you and load all the

available slots and the machine will allow you to run short of the other

parts not on the machine. The TPSys software is easy to use and is

pretty flexible- they have a great offline management system you can

network with any garden variety PC to the machine to get machine

performance, kit set up information. We use the MyLabel system to also

track part batches if you need traceability.  You can stop the program

in the middle and reload the additional parts .

My 2 cents worth

Tom