TECHNET Archives

October 2007

From:
Genny Gibbard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Genny Gibbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:36:32 -0600
10V/mil - so 60mil.
60 mil is ~1.5mm, if I am not mistaken.
So you have a safety factor of ~2.5, based on the 0.5mm rating for 500V.
Not the 10 fold increase that Inge recommended, but depending on your
comfort level, may be OK.

If this is on the primary side for a voltage entering a product, there
may be CSA/UL type requirements to meet that may be different than the
absolute minimums mentioned in the IPC document.