TECHNET Archives

September 2007

From:
Dharma Kemp-Bresett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dharma Kemp-Bresett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:37:48 -0400
As a side note on this subject...I recently completely submerged my phone in
water. Due to the wonderful suggestions I read here (and a suggestion from a
coworker) I was able to fix my phone (without ever having to contact my
wireless provider! ) THANK YOU ALL for your suggestions and insights! It is
one of the original LG chocolate sliders with the touch sensitive buttons.
(I did not have the insurance and my warranty would have been voided so you
all saved me the ridiculously expensive retail replacement price of that
phone!) I was very impressed not only by the mechanical construction of the
phone itself but by some of the parts and other construction used. I saw
some of the "neatest" connectors, etc. and the way it all fit together was
very intricate. I had a hard enough time getting some of the parts of it
back to together that it is a wonder they can be mass produced... The fact
that I was able to fix at all it's a testament to both TechNet and the
clever designer of the phone. When I first opened it up my "dot" was pink,
not red, even though it was completely submerged under running water,
although it did turn a darker red shortly after I opened it up. If that says
anything about the sensitivity to you. (the dot on mine was located just
inside the battery panel)
Thanks again to all those who "saved" me :-)
Dharma

KAW/USA Ltd.
39 Simon Street, #4
Nashua, NH 03060
603-886-8711 x212
603-881-8763 fax

Confidentiality Notice: This email and any accompanying documents contain
information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. This
information is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, or have received this email in error, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
document in any manner is strictly prohibited.