TECHNET Archives

August 2007

From:
Joel Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:42:47 -0400
Thanks for the info Steve.

We process tens of thousands of these PLCCs a day and applying a lube
would not be practical.

Also the manufacturer is a company that use to be know as AMP.

Joel Alexander
Quality Assurance Manager
TT APSCO, INC.

"Steve Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>
08/30/2007 09:07 AM

"TechNet E-Mail Forum" <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>
cc

Subject
RE: [TN] PLCC Socket Pin damage

Mornin' Joel!

Only two more days until a three-day weekend!! WOOO-HOO!!

Would this large connector manufacturer be AMP? The following whitepaper
might be of interest to you:

http://www.tycoelectronics.com/documentation/whitepapers/pdf/sncomrep.pd

One of the points in the whitepaper was that tin contacts need
lubication. Here's a couple of places to look for lubes:

http://www.santovac.com/brochure/Connector_Lub.htm

http://www.nyelubricants.com/lubenotes/LN_Sta_Sep_Elec-04-2.pdf

Hope this helps!

Steve