TECHNET Archives

August 2007

From:
"Whittaker, Dewey (EHCOE)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Whittaker, Dewey (EHCOE)
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:44:02 -0700
Phil,

I guess the few simplest ideas left that I have are as follows:

*         Prep the axial leads with a frog leg bend so the part will be
above the surface after installation prior to soldering

*         Prep the part with one frog leg bend and mount the part with
the u-bend if you have height clearance

*         Sleeve the body with heat-shrink sleeving prior to
installation

*         Dip the  body of the part in Type UR Conformal Coat per
IPC-CC-830

There are others, but you seem to have reluctance at doing anything to
the bare printed board.

Dewey