TECHNET Archives

August 2007

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:33:46 +0300
I think Dewey will answer that!

Soft soap is made from potassium hydroxide and vegetable oils (notably
olive oil). It must not contain any salt or cosmetic additives, such as
colouring matter or perfumes. It is sold in pharmacies and is used for
the treatment of some skin conditions. It is milder than hard soap (what
you usually see), which is made from sodium hydroxide and has added salt
to harden it.

Brian