DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:17:22 -0700
7bit
From:
Ray Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Kitty,

The requirements you are looking for should be in the manual of the machine
that is being used. We have looked at the keep-out areas that are specified
for the specific machines that we use.

The keep-outs may not be as plain as "keep components out of this area" they
may show a graphic of the placement head and you may need to create a
keepout from that. If the machine is for through hole components there will
be a keepout for the bottom side of the board also.

Ask manufacturing for the manuals that they are getting the keepout areas
from and check it out for yourself. If they aren't getting them from a
manual, ask them for the manual that has the machines "general
specifications". Our radial machine has a separate manual just for
specifications.

Good luck

Ray Johnston
Lead CAD Designer