DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:24:55 -0700
From:
David Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Bill:

That is an excellent suggestion!  We have a small daughter card that
will need to mate perpendicular to a mother card.  We will have 2
alignment tabs on the daughter card that must go though the mother
board, and the daughter card must be flush to the surface of the
mother board.  Everything is tight and critical, so designing in
loose tolerances to compensate is not acceptable.

I'll look at putting a hole in the corner so when they route through
it, there will not be a radius.  My original thought was to just
overshoot the route so it will be square, but I need to know what
size bit to specify so I know how much to overshoot.  I didn't want
to specify something too small, as this will be somewhat high volume
and I need most board shops to be able to manufacture it.

Thanks for your input and great suggestions!

Dave