TECHNET Archives

July 2007

From:
Karen Ebner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Karen Ebner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:54:37 -0400
Thank you this sounds interesting.  Another option to investigate.

Thanks

"Bill Kunkle" <[log in to unmask]>
07/03/2007 11:12 AM
Please respond to

"TechNet E-Mail Forum" <[log in to unmask]>, "Karen Ebner"
cc

Subject
RE: [TN] When to epoxy heavy components

Karen,

We have had good success modifying ground plane stencil opening design on
castellated lead devices, to minimize movement during reflow.
Symmetrically
dividing up the large opening into smaller "window panes" allows
outgassing
thru the streets and promotes a centering effect.

Bill Kunkle
MET Assocs