TECHNET Archives

July 2007

From:
- bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, - bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:20:06 -0400
July 23, 2007

Sounds like the same problem an OEM of ours experienced some years ago.  The
OEM had a grease like residue deposited on PWAs that were shipped in the
pink ESD bags.  We traced the problem to what is known by the name "beef
fat"; don't recall what the exact chemical name is.

We now only allow the Type 1 bags per MIL-PRF-81705.  These are aluminum
colored on the outside and black colored on the inside.  We have not had any
recent problems with this type bag leaving any noticeable residue on
product.