TGASIA Archives

July 2007

TGAsia@IPC.ORG

Asia Committe Task Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Sky He <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:51:37 +0800
Friends,
We got a problem that we have several (about 10) components that have
poor solderability and coplanarity  due to excessive age.(old date code)

We must use the parts because they are out of production - Last Time
Buy.

I heard that there is a service call ROSA (Reduced Oxide Solderability
Activation) to remove metal oxides and sulfides that inhibit
solderability. It can be performed on tin oxides, copper oxides, silver
oxides, and silver sulfides. This technique is excellent for components
and boards that had not been stored properly and exhibit poor
solderability.

Do anyone know if there is a Chinese vendor can perform this?

PS: The parts are in trays (waffle pack) - Quad Flat Pack and PQFP.

Sky He
GE Business Account
Jabil Circuit(Shanghai) Ltd.
Tel: +86-21-64858585*1815