TECHNET Archives

June 2007

From:
"McGlaughlin, Jeffrey A" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, McGlaughlin, Jeffrey A
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:00:14 -0400
Joe -

We are require on some of our systems to make sure that there is no
possible way to trace the units back to their origins, in these cases we
request that there be no logo, UL marking, or even date codes placed on
the circuit cards at time of purchase. We use the following notes on our
master drawing:

XX.  [  ]  MANUFACTURERS LOGO, DATE CODE AND UL LOGO MAY BE ADDED TO
THIS BOARD
             AT THE FABRICATORS DISCRETION AS EITHER LEGEND OR COPPER
FEATURE.
             (The underlined portions can be changed to control where
and how markings can be applied.)
       [X]  MANUFACTURERS LOGO, DATE CODE AND UL LOGO MAY NOT BE ADDED
TO THIS BOARD.

If we do not include any notes as to marking we expect to see the vendor
ID and date code on the boards when we receive them. When we do this we
understand that we do not have any warrantee if the boards fail. Let
your client know this and if  they are willing to accept this caveat
then offer to build the boards at a reduced cost due to the missed
communication if you still want their business.

Jeffrey McGlaughlin, CID