TECHNET Archives

May 2007

From:
"Tempea, Ioan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tempea, Ioan
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 07:58:32 -0400
Reuven,

are you guys really soldering at 260C? That's 40C above liquidus for the coldest joint, which brings you a lot higher in the other places! 240C gives us very good soldering.

Also Miguel, the lead-free solders generally require a higher soak, around 180C. These values are normally presented in the TDS of the solder.

Regards,

Ioan