TECHNET Archives

May 2007

From:
Ian Hanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ian Hanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 11:16:59 -0400
I went shovel shopping last week -- there were three

A beautiful resin handled, tempered steel, rolled edges with tack welds
and reinforcement at the stress points and seams for $39
A hardwood handled, hickory, one of similar quality for $29
And an unpriced chineese model -- inferior wood handle, much more
roughly shaped, with a wide grain -- stamped steel, no welds, no
reinforcement...

 -- did a price check to compare -- it was $6.99 -- if I used a shovel
every day I would invest, but for digging rocks now and then from my
road -- I couldn't justify the $20-$30 difference...

 -- I am ashamed, but that is the current reality

I fear soon there will be less shovel selection, I am a more discerning
shopper than most, and a professional 'quality guy'  and still -- price
influences me

Ian