TECHNET Archives

May 2007

From:
Hernefjord Ingemar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Hernefjord Ingemar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 08:40:05 +0200
Joe,
you used to be a balanced man. What do you think of the MTBF of respective laptops? There are millions sold. If LF and SJ were problems, I'm sure you'd find that in some of the many magazines that test and have all sorts of opinions about computers. In fact, I have not seen any such flags. As far as I have heard about CDs, most frequent causes for not running are software issues.

MTBF for desktops is described by Seagate: http://www.digit-life.com/articles/storagereliability/

and Toshiba presents MTBF for their laptop CD drives as 60,000 POH. That ain't bad, is it? And it's LEADFREE!

http://www.baber.com/drives/laptop_cdrom/dvd/toshiba_sdr2212_specs.htm

Inge