TECHNET Archives

May 2007

From:
liusang 22726 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, liusang 22726 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 23:16:45 +0800
I agree with you. Mostly in the wave soldering conditions, the TSOP in the topside will be double reflowed and cause the failure. The fracutre very smooth. You can find this failure mode in QFP and SOP packages.
Sometimes, you can find the failure joints are local at one corner of the package, not the random distribution.

How about Change the surface finish? and run a compare test.

Another one maybe is NiSnCu failure mechanism, because the immersion Silver is too thin, and the Copper can immigration to lead side. The solder joint will failure when they meet the high stress or high strain rate conditons.

 This email and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or em
ail immediately and delete it!