TECHNET Archives

May 2007

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 11:46:13 EDT

In a message dated 5/17/2007 10:32:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I  participated in an IPC webcast yesterday on embedding components and would
 like to pursue it further to determine if there are any benefits for my
boards. Does anyone have experience with this, either positive or  negative?

Paul,

About 130 subscribers use a similar forum to TechNet (called EmbeddedNet)  to
share information about embedded passive and active components.  We also
hold a monthly Telecon about standards activity, upcoming seminars having
embedded component papers, and we try each month to have a guest speaker on  topic
of interest.  We too had a telecon yesterday where Oak Mitsui and  Ohmega
Technologies discussed their promotion of a new product having a resistor  layer
and capacitor layer in the same laminate. The purpose of the discussion  was to
outline what could be done with "electrical functions - filters, etc.)  that
could be easily created inside the board.   Other recent  discussions have
included contract laser trim for resistors, and what activity  is occurring with
embeddeds in Japan.

Should you wish to join that group, address to [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask]) , and in the subject  line put "subscribe".

Since I am one of the "believers" in both "formed" and "placed" embedded
components, I will tell you I am speaking next week on that subject at the IPC
Technology Forum in Portland, Oregon.  Now, I will sit on the sideline and  see
what comments you get here on TechNet.

Denny Fritz
MacDermid, Inc.