TECHNET Archives

May 2007

From:
"Hogg, Blair K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Hogg, Blair K.
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2007 09:42:16 -0400
The important thing to consider is that although ground and neutral are
technically the same potential, the ground wiring is present for safety
- to keep the equipment, chassis, etc. at a safe potential, and the
neutral is present to provide a return path for the electrical current
powering the equipment. They provide different functions, and should not
be interchanged.

Blair