LEADFREE Archives

May 2007

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Timothy McGrady <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2007 02:08:29 -0400
Mike:

Thanks for the report.  I have read it in its entirety, and I see the
reference to tin-lead solder twice.  However, I see nothing in the report
showing that the solder joints had been examined for chemical composition.
I have to agree that it is likely that Apple did not ship "lead free"
versions of its laptops as early as 2004, but I do not know that for a fact.
I do know that Apple, as well as most other large electronics
manufactuirers, could spell "RoHS" as early as 1993 - according to a source
within the AeA and also documents found on the AeA's website, they were
lobbying "RoHS" as early as 1993.

Tim