TECHNET Archives

April 2007

From:
Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:23:02 EDT
Greetings Doug and Ahne

You may be right Doug but a "snowball's chance" is  still plenty enough of a
reason to try and leave a  well marked trail for smarter people of the future
to follow (if  you should be sadly proven right in the interim).

I don't about China but I am certain that most folks in the EU are  familiar
with the story of "The Emperor's New Clothes" and no one,  especially
politicians, likes being proven the fool, which is where they  stand at the present
moment. (I think you will agree to that)

Yes, it might be a PITA to fill out the forms but it  could well prove to be
a very worthwhile PITA.

Finally, as long as we continue to look to the past words of  wisdom for
inspiration, we can recollect a few more words of John Burke's  distant (perhaps?
:-) relative, Edmund Burke:

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he
could do only a little."

Best,
Joe