Font:

LISTSERV Archives

TECHNET Home

TECHNET  April 2007

TECHNET April 2007

Re: NTC solderability testing

"Wenger, George M." <[log in to unmask]>

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wenger, George M.

Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:30:36 -0400

text/plain

Why did you waste those perfectly good epoxy terminated co
John,

Why did you waste those perfectly good epoxy terminated components by

processing them down your line?  Are you really sure your profile was

correct?  If you weren't sure or if you Design Engineer wasn't convinced

after processing them down your line he should have taken them to the

laboratory and had them run a solderability test.  Then he would know

for sure if they were solderable.  If Design Engineer ever had to run a

soldering process he would quickly learn that "cheaper and available"

components are usually cheaper and available because there is something

wrong with them (e.g., they don't work or they are not solderable).

Regards,

George

George M. Wenger

Andrew Corporation Wireless Network Solutions

Senior Principal FMA / Reliability Engineer

40 Technology Drive, Warren, NJ 07059

(908) 546-4531 [Office]  (732) 309-8964 [Cell]