TECHNET Archives

April 2007

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dehoyos, Ramon
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:02:32 -0400

	   Amen to that. Some reporters want to sensationalize the small
things and ignore the big things. We all have worked with lead for many
years and it has been done for decades with no record of illnesses
becaues it is done under conditions where lead is wash off our hands
after handling and change clothes regularly. If you handle leaded parts
and have no way to clean or bathe, of course it will be in your clothes,
fingernails and every where else. You would breath it, eat it. Those
conditions prevail in poor countries as it was in richer countries years
ago. Even now it is not all 100% safe. I would rather work in Hawaii or
a place like that where the air is clean and the land is not poluted. We
work where the work is at, at good wages. It is a choice.
	Ramon

Hi Denny

The number for lead in electronic solder was pegged to be less than
0.5% of all lead used so it won't help that much. I must guess that
today the  number is somewhere south of  0.5%, maybe 0.3% and shrinking.

I keep waiting for the day when some really smart NGO activist finally
figures out that the have been barking up the wrong tree and are causing
more damage than good.

Best,
Joe