TECHNET Archives

April 2007

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:38:34 +0100
Long ago in another life I was involved with PCB Fab machines. Our etching
systems used Titanium whenever metal parts were to be exposed to etchant.
Pumps though would have been impossibly expensive in titanium, they were
made of polymer or polymer coated SS. Any metal parts that could not be so
coated were made of SS and designed to be easily replaced in routine
servicing. Overall the designs specifically went out of their way to avoid
this, especially fixings, even if it meant that the pumps were less
efficient than they otherwise could have been.

Regards

Mike