IPC-600-6012 Archives

April 2007

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Russ Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:38:26 -0700
Susan,

We perform this test for some of our customers and through discussing
this with them and their end-users we have concluded to only perform the
5x thermal stress in both the HDI and Through-Hole locations.

You are right that it would not make sense, for instance, to perform
both stress tests and have the through-hole areas meet the requirements
and the HDI fail, or vice-versa. The through-hole locations would have
to meet the worst-case scenario of the HDI portion.

Best Regards,

Russ Shepherd
Laboratory Manager
Microtek Laboratories