TECHNET Archives

March 2007

From:
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:25:15 -0500
Yes, you are probably correct on that. Do you know if there is a
fabrication or plating issue that would cause nickel skips in the
annular rings? If there were no nickel at all, I would imagine there
would be oxidized copper under the gold dewetting into the solder. The
thing that puzzles me is why they are having difficulty soldering to
through-hole vias/pads, but apparently the SMT pads are soldering up ok.