TECHNET Archives

February 2007

From:
Susan Hott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Susan Hott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:32:41 -0500
"Webuild some boards at a class 3 shop and we require at least one microsection per panel"

Your statement is a puzzle, since if you had the boards built to IPC-6012, Class 3 the board shop was obligated to perform two microsections per panel,at a minimum (without additional registration tools), and those microsections would have included the large component holes as well as the small vias.  The holes are to be constructed as they are on the boards, so if non-functionals have been removed on the boards, the microsections also would have had them removed.

The microsections would have also have been subjected to Thermal Stress testing per IPC-TM-650, Method 2.6.8

Susan Hott
Susan Hott
President
Robisan Laboratory, Inc