TECHNET Archives

February 2007

From:
"West, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, West, Jim
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:47:08 -0500
Thanks for the information Ted.  I'm new at using MSD's so could someone comment on this process.  How do I know 192 hours is long enough?  I don't have trays available to transfer the parts to, so I need to keep them on the reel if possible, so can I count on the 40°C at 192 hours, or should I add more time as a cushion?  Also, how does one know how much moisture has been absorbed?  I checked on the component and found that the reel has been exposed since Sept. '06'.  The reel is in a static shielded bag, but the bag is not completely sealed.  Based on this information, how long should I bake?  There are 408 of these left on the reel.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim West
Engineering Manager
Nexergy Inc.
www.nexergy.com
tel: (614) 351-6216
fax: (614) 324-1979

This email message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged, protected or confidential information. If you believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email reply and please delete this message from your computer and destroy any copies.