TECHNET Archives

February 2007

From:
Phillip Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phillip Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:42:37 -0800
Hi Jim,

When we (sometimes) create a board mechanical constraints drawing, and use
a schematic to design the gerber layout (one up),  then we create a dwg for
the panel based on optimized input from the team and board fab shops, which
finally results in Gerber which includes the panel but only has one
location populated.  The pwb house then uses the Gerber and the panelized
drawing to "format" the panel (for example: AB flip, 180 degree rotations,
etc.)

Having said that, I am interested to see how others deal with creating the
stencil for a multi-up panel.

Where in your process is the stencil gerber data created for a multi-up
panel?  Is it created by the designers, or is it step and repeated
(flipped, rotated, etc) by the stencil house?  Or does Manufacturing do it?

What about if you use multiple outside design houses?

Thanks in advance,

Phil