TECHNET Archives

January 2007

From:
Kevin Glidden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:23:01 -0500
Check with the manufacturer of your wash chemical, as they may also sell a
descaler to use at cleanings.  Many of the newer saponifiers are more
resistant to scaling, some more than others.  You can also reduce or
eliminate scaling if you avoid use of tap water at any point in the process.
If you are operating a water only in-linse washer, use full cascade from
final rinse to wash.  If you are using a chemical in-linse washer, operate
cascaded DI water from the final rinse in the rinse and isolation sections.
Batch cleaners may require descaling, again dependent upon the chemicals and
water used.  In a past life I used Alpha 926 scale remover with good
results.

Kevin Glidden
Manufacturing Engineer
Astronics Luminescent Systems Inc.