TECHNET Archives

January 2007

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:17:16 -0500
Ioan,
What John and the others were referring to is that the flux/solder paste
manufacturers have taken some of their no-clean products and given them
a little more "umph" for the reasons already stated.  The question
remains HOW MUCH?

If we are talking about a good solder paste from a good supplier to
which very little has been added, then there should be no difference.

If we are talking about a good solder paste from a good supplier to
which more than a little has been added, then there had better be
testing!

If we are talking about a good solder paste from a good supplier to
which a whole pile (good chemical description) has been added, then you
had better be cleaning!

If we are talking about a solder paste from a crappy supplier what are
you thinking!

Bev
RIM