TECHNET Archives

January 2007

From:
"Tempea, Ioan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tempea, Ioan
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:46:33 -0500
Darrel,

as already mentionned, even if you could work out a metallurgical joining, more or less reliable, the main issues are the temperature and MSD ratings of the BGA. If the part is rated under 240C, don't think about using an LF process or reballing with LF balls.

Since you have that 5/6 compliance, why don't you run the product on SnPb paste? The only thing keeping you from doing that would be if you had other BGAs on the board, that are LF. Although recent studies show that LF BGAs on SnPb paste are reliable, this is still not widely accepted.

Regards,

Ioan