TECHNET Archives

January 2007

From:
Darrel Therriault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:17:15 -0800
Richard/Technet,

Sorry for the confusion and my improper use of terms.

What I intended to say was we have BGAs with Pb balls.  I was wondering if
there was an accepted process to attach those on a board that has non-Pb
components by either reballing them with nonPb balls, using SRT rework or
some profile that might allow both Pb and nonPb components to be run at
the same time.

If there is no acceptable method, I either need to consume them in Pb
assemblies (non-RoHS) or take an E&O hit on the Pb components.

DJT

Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
01/30/2007 09:48 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [TN] Leaded and unleaded BGAs

By leaded/non-leaded are you speaking of LGA arrays (leadless gate
arrays) or of BGAs with SAC alloy?