TECHNET Archives

January 2007

From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:56:27 -0500
What Jeff indicates is absolutely correct. However, please keep in mind
that IPC-SM-840 is a soldermask material specification with good
guidance for applications. The actual application specification invoked
on the fabricator is IPC-6012, which clearly states that if a minimum
thickness is required, it should be placed on the master drawing. All
three documents, IPC=2221, IPC-6012 and IPC-SM-840 are recommending the
same.

Gary Ferrari
FTG Circuits
Director, Technical Support