DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:18:12 -0600
Just an addition to what has already been said...

What I used to do when I was "moonlightin'", was
charge by the pin in the basic quote (and the per/pin
price was modified with a complexity factor so you
don't get burned by those litle power supply boards
that are three times harder than the high pin count
digital boards)

THEN

charge PER HOUR for any changes from the point
they submit the change until you get back to where
you were when the change came in.
You can charge less per pin if you charge a HIGH
per hour change rate.

1) it puts it in their minds that it will cost far less as
long as they get their sh** together (and putting the
blame on them for schedule delays)

2) you will still make out good because they ALWAYS
change things.

win/win

p.s. I never expected to see a reference to Alice's
Restaurant in THIS forum... HA.

seeya,
Jack