DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 20:16:31 -0600
very interesting....

Just out of curiosity, you inspired two related questions:
1) Do you ever find that in your 3-layer configurations, one
side is tightly controlled dielectric because it is a core, but
the other side being pre-preg fluctuates? Have you ever had
a problem in that regard?

2) By saying you stitch as tightly as possible, are you
going above and beyond a quarter wavelength of your highest
frequency? Do you even calculate that, or do you just shotgun
every available space with GND vias?

Jack
(aka "the blasted on SI-LIST for mentioning stitching" guy)
.