TECHNET Archives

December 2006

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:32:10 -0800
As you may know my exemption request for the use of lead in solders in
electronics has been accepted for public support / stakeholder discussion by
the EU and can be found as item 15 on the EU public exemptions stakeholder
discussion web site here:

http://tinyurl.com/y3p2dc

I have prepared a support letter for the lead in solders exemption request
that RoHSUSA submitted to the EU on behalf of concerned environmentalists in
the electronics industry.

You can support the exemption request by clicking on this link and following
the instructions on that web page:

http://tinyurl.com/yya4ua

I have studied the EU system and I can tell you that to support the request
for lead in solders is going to take you precisely 2 minutes and will be
officially accepted by the EU as a support document, just follow the
instructions. And please cc me on the support so I can keep track.

Note that this instruction set is also now linked directly from the banner
on the home page of the RoHSUSA.com web site.

My aim is to get 1000 letters of support into the EU by the January 10
deadline.

I have done my best to get this issue highlighted, I am now relying on you -
if you want to be heard click the link above and follow the instructions.

If you have colleagues that would be interested in supporting a lead in
solders exemption request please pass a copy of this email to them.

Have a great weekend wherever in the world you may be.

Kind regards,

John Burke

Santa Clara - California - USA

(408) 515 4992