TECHNET Archives

December 2006

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, mattyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:52:35 -0500
I believe that most peoples problems and fears of ENIG don't come from ENIG
it self, it comes from shoddy work with ENIG during/before the Plating
process, not ENIG itself. If the Vendor doesn't maintain the baths properly,
there's issues, if their process is flawed, there's issues. But if they take
care of maintaining the baths properly, and do the plating process properly,
and meet the minimum plating requirements per IPC, there really shouldn't be
an issue with ENIG in most uses. There's a reason why it has the highest
percentage of use on boards that exist around the world today. We use it on
every board we do, for every customer, unless specified to do otherwise, and
we've had no problems from our customers, or from the boards we fab and
assemble for our customers.

To us, the bottom line is, are you using a quality vendor?

But with everyone trying to save a buck, sometimes it cost's you.