TECHNET Archives

December 2006

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Hfjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:47:49 +0100
Yes, in fact I have. I analysed equipments from our tropical customers, and
it looked like your images. In our case, it was simply humidity (read:
contaminated and ion rich water) that had penetrated the coating, which
lifted,  followed by severe electromigration and ordinary chemical
corrosion. I'll consider if it's possible to send some photos to you
offline. Anyway, you can study the below little papyrus. I'm surprised that
you, Brian Ellis, ask for things that are your own
specialties...he-he...little butter in the wintertime.

http://www.empf.org/empfasis/dec04/coat1204.htm

Inge