TECHNET Archives

December 2006

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:04:00 -0500
Not exactly like that but I have seen strange corrosion under mask follow
via holes from one side of the board to another. The root cause was a
leaking battery. Something sort of Electrochemical action caused the
corrosion to migrate under the mask and generally not jump from one circuit
to another.

I wonder if the case instance of where it appears to jump from the plane to
the trace isn't in fact two cases one from the via in the plane and one from
the component through hole itself. C-35, was it removed? A failed
electrolytic cap?

What is the nasty brown near J11, component side.

On the solder source side near S21 switch 4, what is that big blob adjacent
to the land?