TECHNET Archives

December 2006

From:
Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:53:47 -0500
Nice Genny,
 Never been a reindeer before.

 Werner

 -----Original Message-----
 From: [log in to unmask]
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:40 AM
 Subject: [TN] [NTC] Twas the night IPC forum style

 Several years ago, Jeff Ferry posted a revised 'Twas the night' poem.
 When I searched the forums, it was posted twice - once in 99, and again
 in 2001, slightly revised. I've been participating in the forums since
 2001, which was when I first saw it.

 I have slightly modified it once again, and submit it for your
 consideration:

 TechNet Night Before Christmas

 'Twas the night before Christmas and out in the shop,
 the lines were shut down, I had just stowed the mop.

 The tweezers and cutters were stored with great care,
 in hopes that St. Crawford soon would be there.

 The boards were all shielded in boxes and bags,
 serial numbers were marked on their little white tags.

 My ESD smock and heel straps put away,
 I was ready to leave on this icy cold day.

 When back in the shop I heard such a clatter,
 I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter.

 Out onto the floor I flew in a hurry,
 throwing safety glasses and heel straps on in a flurry

 The glow of dim lights on the conductive tile floor,
 got me to thinking how to give our next tour.

 When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
 but an IPC icon, with TechNet engineers.

 Arms full of old documents, lap top on his back,
 I knew in a moment it must be St. Jack.

 As sharp as can be these TechNetters came,
 and he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

 "Now, INGEMAR! now, WERNER! now, ELLIS and HILLMAN!
 On, BURKE! on, WHITTAKER! on, GREGORY and STADEM!

 To the top of the rack! to the top of the wall!
 Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

 He was dressed in a lab coat, from neck to his waist.
 It was covered with super glue and old solder paste.

 An XRF gun holstered in view.
 He kept mumbling and mumbling "1752".

 His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
 His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!

 His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
 and the hair on his head was as white as the snow.

 The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
 and the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.

 He had a broad face and a little round belly,
 that shook, when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly.

 He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
 and I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself.

 A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
 soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

 He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
 he tested the benches; then turned with a jerk,

 and laying his finger aside of his nose,
 and giving a nod, through the air duct he rose.

 He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
 and away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

 But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
 "HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOODNIGHT!"

 Genny

in
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives
  Please visit IPC web site