TECHNET Archives

December 2006

From:
Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:51:24 -0600
To come down on the other side of this discussion....

I'd have to say that nitrogen is not necessary in all applications.
There is tendency to just through resources at the process saying that
it should be better (not arguing that it actually won't help!!).

Sure isn't nice and should help, but is it truly necessary in all
instances?

How much can it cost?  To inert a high usage reflow oven for a year can
easily cost you ~$50K / year.

In today's world were every penny counts, it's another process parameter
that needs to be closely looked at and at least optimized.

Rich K / KEG