TECHNET Archives

December 2006

Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:31:13 +0530
Dear all,

Further to our earlier mail on high reliability specs, we are using copper foil construction for the PCB's. Can somebody help me in giving a comparison between foil and laminate construction, especially with reliability in view.

Any inputs on space grade multilayer boards -

i.    Specified construction
ii    Material
iii    Process
iv   Thermal Stress requirements
v    Rework simulation requirements

Whether MIL PRF55110G requirements will be sufficient for Space grade boards too? Is there any other reliability Standards that agencies like NASA refer? If so what is the thermal stress and rework simulation requirements?

Too many questions, but kindly give a feedback

Rgds

Pradeep Menon